Welcome to the blog of Jennifer Alexandria Photography

Destination: Uganda

Sorry there are no photographs in this post!

Pleasure vs. Purpose
All year long I have felt that God has wanted me to leave my comfort zone to serve His Kingdom.
Today is the day. Team Uganda will endure a 16 hour flight to Dubai (I don't even know what country that is in), a 12 hour layover, and another 6 hour flight into Uganda. I'm not really sure what to expect upon arrival in the country, but I will update the blog with photographs and details whenever possible! Everything is in the Lord's hands. We pray that whatever the circumstances may be, that we would serve the Lord and his people to bring Him glory. Please pray that we would have a positive influence on the people of Uganda who we will be ministering to, and that they would have open hearts and ears to what God will communicate through us.

I want to leave you guys with something to think about.
If you we love God, he hasn't called us to live pleasure-filled lives for ourselves. He wants us to love others, to serve others, and to share the gospel with them. Mark 10:45 says, "For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Start serving this summer, whether it be your friends, family, or your community. If I had to leave you with one thought it would be this: Are you live a pleasure-filled life or a purposeful life? What does each day of your life look like?

Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey Jen its Ryan,
I dont know when your going to read this but just letting you know we were watching your flight. We found a way to see where your plane was so we watched you fly over the Atlantic. Haha. Hope it was a good flight! :)

Mom said...

May God use you and Team Uganda in ways you may not even realize to impact people for His kingdom!!! I love you Jen Jen!
Mom

Post a Comment