Welcome to the blog of Jennifer Alexandria Photography

4 a.m. donuts and Manhattan Beach

Something Mad (or as most call her, Maddy) and I have wanted to do for a long time is wake up early enough to see the sunrise at the beach. So we woke up at 3:30 to watch it at 5:45 in Manhattan, but didn't think it through that not only the sun would rise over land, but June gloom would hide it. It still made for great lighting, fresh donuts, and a fun morning. While Mad and I were taking a walk along the beach we found a swing set right on the sand! It was really exciting :) Then we decided to do some reading to kill time until the shops opened at 10 a.m., but found ourselves falling asleep, and woke up to bright sunshine. "I'm not sure what's going on right now, but I'm pretty sure the sky is blue." Thank you Maddy for that. All I can say about this trip is it will be repeated again this summer. :)













2 comments:

Deborah said...

Cool pics Jenny! When you go down to Manhattan Beach again go get breakfast at my friend's place down by the beach. It is great food! It is worth the drive to me to go occasionally. I grew up down there so I still have many friends that way. My sister lives down that way too.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the pier at dawn! Nice job with lighting

Post a Comment