Welcome to the blog of Jennifer Alexandria Photography

Uganda update #1

We arrived safely in Uganda! After our 12 hour layover in Dubai we enjoyed a "short" plane ride to the one-building airport of Uganda. The first thing I noticed different from the States was the driving and roads. The roads are rarely paved, the dirt roads contain numerous potholes, and people walk and ride bikes in the middle of the road. In the hour drive from the airport to Kampala we saw the poverty of the country. Most buildings are small, brick, and dirty, so the house we are staying in seems very nice compared to what most people call their homes. For every two people we each share a room with our own beds. The food so far has been good, especially the pineapple! Most meals consist of rice, "potato balls" (I don't know what they are really called, but they're delicious), a vegetable, pineapple, meat of sorts and glass bottles of soda. Today we went to an orphanage outside of Kampala where we led worship, painted, and played with the children. It's amazing how joyful they are with the very little they have. They are content with the relationships they have with friends and family, the education they are receiving, and really enjoy seeing white people! Greg Clark and I have took hundreds of pictures, but unfortunately do not have the option to upload them on the internet provided :( We will try to keep you updated though!
Goodbye from Uganda.

7 comments:

Kayla Gale said...

Hey Jay!
Just wanted to say hello and wanted to let you know we are all praying for you and your team! :) Keep doing the Lord's work! Cannot wait to see the pictures when you get home! Love you! Oh and tell everyone I say hello!

Love, Kayla Elizabeth :)

Ryan said...

YAY!! Keep us updated! I've been checking it daily for new posts. Love you!

p.s: Wish Mr. Margrave a Happy Birthday!

Jim McCain said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Margrave!

Jenny - I like the Website. I also liked all the pictures as well! It looks like I picked out a good camera for you! We will continue to pray for you and your mission group. Love, Uncle Jim

Nancy Fullarton said...

Hi Jenny,

It's so good to stay connected with you through your website (very impressive &creative indeed!) I had a similar experience with poverty when I was 20 yrs. old and went into the villages of Mexico with a friend. It was an "eye opener." We have a lot to be grateful for each day. Children are wonderful anywhere in the world. What a wonderful service you are giving. Look forward to hearing more and your pictures. Love you, Aunt Nancy

Stacey McCain said...

Hey Jen!!

Glad to hear your safe!!! It sounds like a great experience so far and I can't wait to see your pictures! Remember to look for Mary one of the days your there because you guys will be in the same place! :) I love you and miss you! I'll keep praying for you!! love you jen jen! <3

Amanda Doty said...

Jenny,
I love that you made this website so we all can stay updated. I can't wait to see and hear about the wonderful things you guys are going to do.
Amanda

Jennifer Alexandria Fullarton said...

Thank you everyone!

Hey Ryan, would you mind requesting one of the vegetarian meals for me on my flight on the way home? I got lucky on the way here that they had one extra and that the flight attendant liked Allie and me.
And is there anyway Allie and I can sit next to each other? Thanks! Miss you and love you too!

Post a Comment