Welcome to the blog of Jennifer Alexandria Photography

three cheers for the red, white, and blue!

I know, I know, I'm a week late, but I still thought I would post a few pictures from the Fourth of July party. As we waited for the sun to go down in anticipation of the bright lights that would soon fill the night sky, we all played a few games of snake golf and bocce ball. Oh, and of course the holiday weekend is a good excuse to fill yourself with delectable foods, so we didn't hold back from snacking all day. Because this was my family's first time to host an Independence Day party at Windward we didn't quite know what to expect fireworks-wise but we ended up watching about 45 minutes of the shining explosions. The first set was from a distance in the skies of Stevenson Ranch. The second was the largest-the mall's show. The parents were too relaxed to leave the lawn chairs and so stayed in the yard, whether they liked the view or not. The view from the backyard was good, but not quite like that from the bridge. I have seen my fair share of firework shows (actually, I used to avoid them at all costs as a wee little one because I would scream and run away from the loud noises), but I haven't seen a firework show over a lake that reflected on the water so beautifully. The show was almost magical, it just needed patriotic music in the background. Sorry I was too lazy to take pictures of the fireworks!

I would have to say the first Fourth party was a success :)

Fourth of July BBQ 10
Fourth of July BBQ 9
Picnik collage2
Fourth of July BBQ 22
Fourth of July BBQ 20
Fourth of July BBQ 11
Picnik collage1
Fourth of July BBQ 8
Fourth of July BBQ 5
Fourth of July BBQ 21
Fourth of July BBQ 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment